(Last Updated on May 28, 2022)
1. Information Collected
(1) In the course of operating the West Grow Farms Services, we may collect two types of information about our users: Personal Information and Non-Personal Information.
(2) “Personal Information” is personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, e-mail address, birth date, and gender. Personal Information is collected by us when you choose to provide it to us when registering for a West Grow Farms Service, such as when you choose to subscribe to a West Grow Farms Service, enter a West Grow Farms promotion, or choose to receive a West Grow Farms newsletter. In addition, if you choose to contact any of our customer service representatives, we may keep a record of that correspondence so that we may fully address the subject matter. We may also receive Personal Information from our business partners and other third parties, provided that such third parties confirm to us that you have permitted them to share such information.
(3) Business contact information such as the name, title, business address, e-mail address or telephone number of a business or professional person or an employee of an organization is not considered Personal Information.
(4) “Non-Personal Information” is information of an anonymous nature, such as an Internet Protocol Address (“IP Address”), the domain used to access a West Grow Farms Service, and the type and version of browser or operating system being used. Aggregate information, such as demographic statistics of our users (e.g., average age or geographical allocation of our users), number of visitors, and average time spent on a West Grow Farms Service, is also considered Non-Personal Information.
(5) Non-Personal Information is collected or derived by us in the course of operating the West Grow Farms Services. For example, our Web servers may automatically collect Non-Personal Information which is provided through your browser or stored on a Cookie or through a Web Beacon when you choose to visit a West Grow Farms Service. Non-Personal Information is used by West Grow Farms for statistical purposes.
2. Use of Personal Information
Personal Information may be used by us for the following purposes:
(a) Providing you with the West Grow Farms Services and information you have requested from us, including your use of the West Grow Farms Sites. We may from time to time use your Personal Information to contact you about changes, enhancements or similar notices related to the West Grow Farms Services;
(b) If you indicated that you were interested in receiving offers or information from West Grow Farms or certain of our selected sponsors or advertisers, West Grow Farms or such sponsors or advertisers may send you e-mail materials and other mailings about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you. If at any time you would like to end your subscription to any such e-mail materials, follow the directions posted at the bottom of the e-mail material;
(c) If you enter a contest or other promotion offered on a West Grow Farms Site, we may, under the rules of the promotion, use your name and certain other information to administer the promotion, such as contacting, announcing, and promoting the winners of the promotion;
(d) West Grow Farms may also use Personal Information if it has reasonable grounds to believe the information could be useful when investigating a contravention of a federal, provincial, or foreign law or in order to protect or defend a legal interest.
3. Disclosure of Personal Information
We will not sell or rent your Personal Information to anyone. We will only disclose your Personal Information to third parties:
(a) where you have specifically given us your consent to disclose your Personal Information for a designated purpose;
(b) who are acting on our behalf as our agents, suppliers or service West Grow Farms, solely to enable us to more efficiently provide you with the West Grow Farms Services. Such entities act under strict contractual controls, requiring them to maintain the confidentiality of all such Personal Information and to use such information solely for purposes related to the provision of the West Grow Farms Services;
(c) as may be set out in the Terms and Conditions applicable to a West Grow Farms Service, to facilitate the provision of such West Grow Farms Service, such as fulfilling legal requirements;
(d) as required by law, including by an order of any court, institution or body with jurisdiction or authority to compel the production of information, or in order to protect or defend a legal interest; or
4. Links to Other Sites and Advertisements
(2) In certain areas, such as when you provide credit card information to us, we work to help protect the security of your credit card information during transmission by using industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) encryption technology.
(3) You can help protect the security of your Personal Information as well. For instance, never give out your password, since this is what is used to access your Account or Registration Information. Also remember to log out of your account and close your browser window when you finish using a West Grow Farms Service or surfing the Web so that other people using the same computer won’t have access to your information.
7. Additional Privacy Procedures
Privacy procedures specific to a West Grow Farms Service can be found on a West Grow Farms Site at the location of the particular West Grow Farms Service, or in additional terms referenced at such West Grow Farms Site. Those procedures are an addendum to this policy and are provided to you at the place where they will be of most use and relevance to you.
8. Accessing and Changing Account/Registration Information
(1) West Grow Farms provides you with the means to access, update, edit or delete any Account or Registration Information you may have provided to us at any time on your own by going to the appropriate page in the Account or Registration section of the relevant West Grow Farms Service, and changing or deleting such information as desired.
(2) If you are unsure whether we have a record containing any of your Personal Information and would like to confirm whether or not we do, please send an e-mail to our Privacy Manager at email@example.com, indicating all e-mail addresses that you may have given us.
(3) If you decide at any time that you do not want to receive any e-mail materials to which you have subscribed, you may choose to unsubscribe to these e-mails by following the instructions at the bottom of the e-mail material.
9. Questions, Comments or Suggestions