West Grow Farms Inc. is an indoor farm serving the Alberta market. Our goal at West Grow Farms Inc., Inc., (“WGF”) is to be your trusted, source for Natural, Local, and Chemical Free Produce. We want you to make the most of our services and feel confident while doing so. This privacy statement explains our policy regarding the circumstances in which we may gather your personal information, how we may use and retain such information, and who may have access to that information. This privacy statement also tells you what choices you have about providing personal information and how to access, change, or delete any personal information that we may have already collected.
This privacy statement applies only to the WGF website. This privacy statement does not apply to any mobile applications from third party vendors that may be available through this WGF website, which are subject to their own statements.
In addition, this privacy statement does not apply to any other companies’ or organizations’ web sites to which WGF Web Sites may link (“third-party” websites). Such third-party websites may have different privacy policies relating to their collection and use, if any, of personal information.
THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
“Personal information” is information that identifies you, enables us to contact you, relates to or can be associated with you, or that, if combined with other information, enables us to identify or contact you. This can include, for example, your name, email and physical addresses, telephone numbers, or credit card number. It can also include other information, financial information (credit card or other account numbers), and unique identifiers such as IP addresses. In addition, we may draw inferences about you based on information about you that you have provided to us, your use of our Websites, or that we have obtained from other sources.
We collect personal information in several ways. We collect information when you browse or use our Websites, register for our Website or other services, purchase products or services, register for or attend events, interact with our customer service or sales teams, or with our editorial staff. Some information you provide to us directly, some we collect automatically when you use our Website, and we may also collect personal information about you from other sources, such as if you come to our Website from a social media website.
- Personal Information We Collect From You When You Use Our Website
You do not need to provide any personal information in order to browse the home pages of our WGF Website (although, as described below, our site may set a “cookie” on your computer). However, to register for or to use most of the features of our WGF Website, you must provide certain personal information, as specified at the particular place where you are registering. If you do not provide the information, you will not be able to register or use the features of WGF Websites that require you to provide that information.
The personal information collected by the WGF Website that we collect in any 12-month period include:
- Identifiers such as your first and last name, your postal address (including province, postal code, and country), telephone number, Internet Protocol address, or email address.
- Information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with you, including your signature, physical characteristics or description, education, or financial account numbers.
- Characteristics of protected classifications, including race, gender, age, and ancestry.
- Mobile device number and unique device identifiers that can be used to identify a device’s physical location, as well as other information about the device such as the wireless carrier; the make, model, operating system, capacity, and settings of the device; and the names, package IDs, and versions of other software downloaded to the device.
- Biometric information.
- Internet or digital activity, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and other information regarding a consumer’s interaction with a Website.
- Geolocation data.
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, or similar information.
- Professional or employment-related information.
- Any content that you provide to us by email or other communication, or that you post or upload to our Website.
- Records of our products that you have purchased, received or consumed, and any billing, shipping and confirmation information that you have provided to us in connection with a transaction. However, please note that your credit card information is collected by a service provider with which WGF contracts to process your payment; WGF does not collect or retain credit card information.
- Any other data that we are required to collect by law.
- Personal information we collect automatically
When you use our Website, we may collect certain personal information automatically. The categories of information we may collect automatically may include:
- Information collected as part of your use of the Website, including pages viewed, the duration of your visits, links on which you clicked, and any purchases made.
- The Internet Protocol address of your device.
- Location data, including from a mobile device.
- Technical data related to your usage of our Website, such as referral URLs, times of access, and your language settings.
- Device type, its operating system, browser type, and settings.
- Personal information we collect through cookies or similar technologies
“Cookies” are small data files stored on your computer’s hard drive to identify the device, which can help load the content that you want more quickly when you revisit our Websites. While cookies can identify a particular computer hard drive, by themselves they do not reveal or disclose the identity of an individual user. However, if you choose to provide personal information to us, the cookie on your computer will be linked to that information and thereby become personal information.
If you do provide us with personal information, we will set a cookie that will remain on your computer as long as you are registered so that we can tailor our services for you. If you never provide us with personal information, the cookie that the WGF Website sets on your computer may persist until it expires but it collects no information.
If you wish to maintain complete anonymity, you may choose to reject all cookies and not to provide any personal information. If you choose to reject cookies from WGF Websites, certain functions and applications may not work as a result, and you will not benefit from the personalized and enhanced services discussed throughout this policy
- Personal information from other sources.
We may also supplement the information you provide through our Websites or by other means with, to the extent permitted by law, other information from:
- Our editorial staff, who collect personal information in researching and creating editorial content for the WGF Websites, and in observing what articles users may read. Our Broadcast group may collect audio and/or voice recordings, or photographs that contain personal information.
- Our corporate affiliates.
- Public sources.
- Data providers.
- Employment Information
WGF maintains personal information collected from and regarding its employees as a matter of normal business operations. This can include name and address, other personal identifiers, and health insurance and other health information.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our primary use of personal information is to provide you with the products, services, and information that you request. We also use personal information to improve the products, services, and information we provide and to provide customer service. Our editorial staff may use personal information in writing and publishing editorial content on WGF Websites and in other WGF publications.
Below is a summary of the purposes for which we use personal information:
- We use identifying information, such as your name, email address, postal address (including prov, postal code, and country), and telephone or mobile device number to create your account, to contact you, and to provide you services that you request, such as by text message, SMS, or via a browser.
- We use name and address information, together with financial account information (such as credit card numbers), to process payments that you make for our products and services.
- We use your commercial or employment information in selecting editorial content to deliver to you.
- We maintain records of our services or products that you have purchased, received or consumed, and of your browsing and search history within our Websites and similar information, including products or services that you may have considered purchasing, receiving or consuming, regarding your interactions with our Websites. We use this information to provide more relevant content and services to you in the future.
- We use our records of your Internet activity to monitor traffic on our Websites, to identify topics of interest to our users, and to provide more relevant content and service to you in the future.
- We use audio, electronic, and visual information in our editorial products and services, on our Websites, and in some cases for training of our Customer Support or Sales teams.
- We use information about your educational attainment: (a) in selecting editorial content to deliver to you; and (b) in developing content and audience for our educational programs.
- We use information about your location to provide relevant and requested content, and to tailor special offers and advertising to your interests, both in our Services, and in third-party marketing channels.
- We use personal information to identify products, services, and information offered by WGF or by others that we believe you would find useful.
Disclosures to service providers
We disclose certain categories of personal information to our service providers so that they can perform the business purpose for which we have engaged them. For example, these are companies that host our Websites, process payments and fulfillment, and provide other services in support of our Websites. By contract, we prohibit our service providers from selling your personal information, from retaining, using, or disclosing the personal information for a commercial purpose other than providing the services specified in the contract, or from retaining, using or disclosing the personal information for a commercial purpose other than providing the services specified in the contract.
Categories of personal information that we disclose to service providers for business purposes are:
- Identifiers, such as name, address, telephone number, and Internet Protocol address.
- Financial account information, to process payments.
- Records of products or services purchased, for billing and fulfillment.
- Internet activity, as collected by our web hosting service.
- Geolocation information, for fulfillment and for providing localized information.
- Audio, electronic or visual information.
- Professional or employment-related information.
- Education information.
- Inferences drawn from other categories of personal information.
We disclose personal information about our job applicants and employees only as permitted and authorized as part of the employment relationship. For example, we may need to provide certain personal information with service providers, such as insurance companies and financial firms, in connection with your employment relationship with us and in the administration of our employee benefits program.
We may share composite or aggregated tracking generated by cookies on our Websites with other companies for the purpose of documenting site use. Such aggregated statistical information is not directly linked to any personal information and cannot be used to identify you or any individual user of our Websites.
Disclosures to third parties
Information about a person that is published by the WGF Website is available publicly to any other WGF user with access to that Website. It is stored on the Website for as long as the article remains published thereon, and thereafter it is archived for a reasonable period of time. Except as noted below, we do not disclose personal information to third parties for marketing purposes.
In addition, we disclose the following categories of personal information to third parties other than service providers outside of our Websites:
- As required in response to lawful requests by law enforcement, courts, and other forms of legal process.
- All categories, in the event a part or all of the WGF Websites are sold to another entity.
WGF may share aggregated demographic information (such as information about geographic locations, types of farm businesses) about our users with other companies. We do so only at an aggregated level that does not identify any individual. Such aggregated information is not directly linked to any personal information and cannot be used to identify you or any individual user of our Websites.
WGF Websites use “cookies” to help provide you with a personalized and enhanced online experience. By assigning and storing a random cookie on your hard drive, we are able to offer you personalized collection, filtering, and delivery of information that we feel will be of the greatest interest and value to you. This includes not only our site’s original content, but also advertisements selected for you based on your content preferences and how you use our site.
We allow selected third-party companies to set cookies or similar technologies on our Websites. Some of these companies provide advertising services to us and to you; others help us understand how our site is used. WGF Websites do not provide your contact information to those companies. To learn more about those cookies, you must visit the web sites of the companies that place them on our Websites.
YOUR CONTROLS AND CHOICES REGARDING PERSONAL INFORMATION
By using the WGF Website, you consent to our collection and use of your personal information as set forth in this privacy statement. You also acknowledge and agree with our right to change our policy and our commitment to post any such changes on this page so that you are fully informed of the types of information we collect, how we may use such information, and under what circumstances, if any, such information may be disclosed.
You may request that we disclose the categories of personal information that we collect about you, the sources, the categories that we have sold it to, and the categories of entities that it was sold to, and the categories that we disclosed for business purposes. You may also obtain access to the personal information we have about you.
- You may request that we disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you within the preceding 12 months. You may submit such a request by either:
- Calling us at (587) 982-5655
OUR RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Once you have registered with the WGF Website, we will store and maintain personal information for as long as you remain a registered user, as is reasonably needed for our business purposes, or for so long as we are required by law to retain such information. Our retention of your data allows us to continue to provide you with highly personalized services.
SECURITY: HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
WGF Websites take commercially reasonable precautions to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure to your personal information, to maintain data and information accuracy, and to facilitate the appropriate use of information. We have implemented a variety of encryption and security technologies and procedures to protect information stored in our computer systems from unauthorized access. We use physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to protect the personal information we collect online. We also maintain procedural safeguards that restrict access to personal information to employees (or people working on our behalf and under confidentiality agreements) who need to know such information in order to provide the products and services that you request. Further, encryption technology and tools are used when collecting or transferring sensitive information such as credit card numbers. Additional database content is protected either by means of a two-key encryption algorithm Secure Socket Level (“SSL”) encryption, and/or behind a firewall using security software.
If you have any questions about the security at WGF Web Sites, please contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
WGF Websites contain links to other websites that are neither operated by nor are part of WGF. We have no control over those third party websites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any website which you may access, and which may collect personal information. The WGF Websites do not bear any responsibility for any actions or policies of any such third-party websites.
GIVE US YOUR FEEDBACK